Mold problem in 4°C room

Thomas Schillinger via methods%40net.bio.net (by RayHL from gmx.de)
Thu Nov 5 12:25:52 EST 2009


Hello everyone,

we have a problem with mold and its spores in our 4°C room. It was used as a storage room for several kinds of mold (in unwrapped/unsealed petri dishes) in the last few years while the former department was studying it. Now, this research has been discontinued and we are trying to use it as a "standard" cold room for storage of molecular biology reagents, protein purification purposes and so on. However, you can still smell the mold, and LB agar plates show signs of mold shortly after they have been put there.

Does anybody know how to decontaminate it thoroughly? Or at least an idea how to do it?

Thank you very much in advance!


Greetings,
Ray
-- 
Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3.5 -
sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser



More information about the Methods mailing list