DIC microscopy

M. Alejandra Mandel via methods%40net.bio.net (by mandel1 from email.arizona.edu)
Fri Nov 27 14:07:51 EST 2009

Hi everybody,
I'd like to know if someone could help me with an Zeiss Axiovert 100 microscope
that I've been given access to.
I'd like to do DIC, and know how to do it in other scopes, but not in this, and
the owner doesn't really know how to align the polars, or where the Wollaston
(or De Senarmont, whichever it has) is.
If anyone could tell me where things are, and some idea of what I have to do
with this particular microscope, then I think I can figure it out (or at least,
try)
Thanks!
Ale Mandel