fusion protein construction

Azam Rahimpour via methods%40net.bio.net (by rahimpour_a from yahoo.com)
Sat Oct 3 07:30:12 EST 2009

Hi
I am going to construct a gusion protein between an enzyme (alkaline phosphatase) and a neomycine resitance gene for expression in mammalian cells, I study in some articles that in some cases a linker sequence is added between two proteins, please let me know if:

1. when create a fusion protein what is the risk that individual proteins loss their activity

2. is adding a linker necessary and what kind of linker works best

regards
azam