Mitochondrial isolation for mt DNA extraction from Earthworms

luiscunhamx via methods%40net.bio.net (by luisnevescunha from gmail.com)
Mon Oct 5 01:48:17 EST 2009

Dear collegues
I wonder if anyone ever tried to isolate mitochondrias from earthworms
for posterior mtDNA extraction, could anyone send me a good protocol?
I am having a lot of trouble doing that, probably due to soil
contamination in the digestive tract, even after depuration and I am
getting very low yield of mtDNA. Any help?? I am working with
Pontoscolex corethrurus, my model organism :).

Best regards