rna storage at -20

Nick Theodorakis via methods%40net.bio.net (by nick.theodorakis from gmail.com)
Sat Oct 10 19:41:00 EST 2009

On Oct 10, 11:06 am, "Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury" <hroyc... from nmsu.edu>
wrote:
> Absolutely.  I have stored clean RNA prep (properly buffered) without any
> detectable degradation (as seen via radiolabled probes) for over a month
> at -20.  The keywords are "clean!" and "buffered."

I'll agree with Hiranya, and add that it's preferable if the freezer
is a non-defrosting (i.e., not "frost-free") type.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
nick_theodorakis from hotmail.com