PhiX174 resistance E. coli strain?

Duncan Clark via (by blackhole from
Mon Oct 12 09:24:57 EST 2009

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.62.1255029029.1133.methods from> on Thu, 8 Oct 2009,
Yoram Gerchman <gerchman from> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>I am looking for PhiX174 resistance E. coli strain. Does anyone know of such

The original hosts for phiX174 production were E.coli C derivatives. No
idea if it goes into E.coli B or K12 strains. If it's genome has an EcoB
or EcoK site in the sequence then that would answer the question.

I think a Pubmed search is the best way to go.

they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.