JM101 for Protein Expression?

RayHL from gmx.de via methods%40net.bio.net (by RayHL from gmx.de)
Wed Oct 21 07:36:08 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm planning some protein expressions and right now, I'm choosing my expression strains. I'm wondering about the ability of JM101 cells to express recombinant proteins. At my old lab, we used them for some expressions (and it did work fine), but after checking the genotype, they don't seem to lack proteases like ompT or lon, and they don't seem to have T7 oR T5 RNA polymerase.

So, the question is: why did they work at all? Or was it just a labeling error and we never really used JM101?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Ray