JM101 for Protein Expression?

David-Paul Minde via methods%40net.bio.net (by davidminde from gmail.com)
Wed Oct 21 10:45:45 EST 2009

not all proteins are proteolytically unstable (e.g. GFP is rather robust
once it is folded)
most proteins are easy to degrade, however, because there is usually some
flexible part which is easily accessible for proteolysis ...
2009/10/21 <RayHL from gmx.de>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm planning some protein expressions and right now, I'm choosing my
> expression strains. I'm wondering about the ability of JM101 cells to
> express recombinant proteins. At my old lab, we used them for some
> expressions (and it did work fine), but after checking the genotype, they
> don't seem to lack proteases like ompT or lon, and they don't seem to have
> T7 oR T5 RNA polymerase.
>
> So, the question is: why did they work at all? Or was it just a labeling
> error and we never really used JM101?
>
> Thanks for your answers in advance!
>

> Ray
> --
> Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3.5
> -
> sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser

David Minde MSc (TUM)

Cellular Protein Chemistry Room 707
Department of Chemistry
Faculty of Science
Utrecht University
Krytgebouw
Padualaan 8
NL-3584 CH Utrecht
The Netherlands

office phone +31 30 253 4105
(magic:) android  +31 652614443

Science is what happens while we are making other plans (~John Lennon)