PCR Lab Design

Vince Mulholland via methods%40net.bio.net (by Vince.Mulholland from sasa.gsi.gov.uk)
Mon Oct 26 04:07:32 EST 2009

Dear Andrea,

In case you didn't get a reply I have attached some links to relevant publications on PCR lab design (see below). I designed a PCR lab a few years ago, and the main constraints on your design will be the space available plus any budgetary limits. The important thing in the design of PCR work spaces is compartmentalization; at least 2 rooms are required, but if you are going to be doing large-scale routine PCR you'd probably need to set the lower limit at 3 rooms.

Regards,
Vince

Links:
www.hpa-standardmethods.org.uk/documents/qsop/pdf/qsop38.pdf
www.biosupplynet.com/pdf/01_PCR_Primer_p.5_14.pdf
genome.cshlp.org/content/3/2/S2.full.pdf

Vincent Mulholland
Molecular Biology Unit Manager -  Diagnostics & Molecular Biology Section
Science and Advice for Scottish Agriculture (SASA)

SASA is a Division of the Scottish Government Rural Payments and Inspections Directorate

Correspondents should note that all communications to or from SASA (Science and Advice for Scottish Agriculture – a Division of the Rural Payments and Inspections Directorate of the Scottish Government) may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for lawful purposes.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service. On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free.