MEG vs. PEG

David-Paul Minde via methods%40net.bio.net (by davidminde from gmail.com)
Mon Oct 26 21:06:44 EST 2009

how about DMSO ? if available, I think the additive of choice (because about
everybody uses it and therefore tons of experience reports on it around).
cheers,
David

2009/10/27 Bari Zahedi <bzahedi from bccrc.ca>

> Has anyone used PEG to reduce melting temperature of their primers for PCR?
> We are working with very GC rich DNA and have been using Betane but we have
> read that MEG works better. We don't have any MEG but we do have PEG and
> were wondering if it could be substituted for MEG. Thanks in advance.

David Minde MSc (TUM)

Cellular Protein Chemistry Room 707
Department of Chemistry
Faculty of Science
Utrecht University
Krytgebouw
Padualaan 8
NL-3584 CH Utrecht
The Netherlands

office phone +31 30 253 4105
(magic:) android  +31 652614443

home:
Griftkade 4 bis
3572 TW Utrecht

Science is what happens while we are making other plans (~John Lennon)