adding kozak sequence to primer

Cathal Garvey via methods%40net.bio.net (by cathalgarvey from gmail.com)
Wed Oct 28 06:51:51 EST 2009

Using the Kozak you have is just fine, I'd say. It's a "Consensus" sequence,
which means the standard Kozak you find online is the average of hundreds or
thousands of sequenced Kozaks from natural sequences. Slight deviations from
the consensus are the norm, and shouldn't have a huge impact. In fact, it
may be an important part of the gene's natural regulation.

If you have the time and resources to replace the nucleotide and bring it to
full consensus, it might be worth it just to have the sequence on hand in
the future. And it might look better on a paper, though personally I
wouldn't nitpick such small details if I were reviewing it.