Conditions for use, Tet-On system

Joe via methods%40net.bio.net (by blacknuss from gmail.com)
Tue Sep 1 03:42:34 EST 2009

Back in '97, a student in our lab bought the Tet-On system from
Clontech for use in his thesis work. I work in a small biotech company
with many research-based activities and with many academic
collaborations, including this thesis work. No commercial work was
done with the Tet-On system, and the final results were published in
2001.

In 2004, the company TET Systems was formed, apparently to profit from
the Tet-patents filed by Gossen and Bujard (first patent filed
November 1995). Later, TET have contacted us and asked us to enter a
license on the system, not only for present and future use, but also
past use. As we recall it, there were no licensing conditions attached
to our purchase in 1997, but it is difficult for us to dig up that
information after 12 years. Does anybody know where I can find a copy
of the conditions of use for the Tet-On system dated around spring
1997?

Best regards,

/JT