Conditions for use, Tet-On system

Aawara Chowdhury via methods%40net.bio.net (by aawara from pontiff-playground.org)
Tue Sep 1 06:11:25 EST 2009

In <4cdf7937-130e-4709-aeb2-c073cd0f9066 from h30g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
 Joe <blacknuss from gmail.com> wrote:

> Back in '97, a student in our lab bought the Tet-On system from
> Clontech for use in his thesis work. I work in a small biotech company
> with many research-based activities and with many academic
> collaborations, including this thesis work. No commercial work was
> done with the Tet-On system, and the final results were published in
> 2001.

No commercial work may have been performed, but was the Tet-On system
purchased from Clontech by a commercial entity, i.e. the small biotech
company and not the academic entity the student was affiliated with?

If it was the former then TET Systems has obtained that information
from Clontech and contacted you on that basis.

As far as I remember (from 1999), there were restrictions on
commercial use of the Tet-On system.

However, last year, I was contacted by TET Systems to complete a
new "Notice & Acknowledgement" agreement for non-profit users. It was
a little sticky for us, because we have modified the Tet-On system and
published manuscripts with the modified system.

AC
--
Email: echo 36434455860060025978157675027927670979097959886449930P | dc