cellular localization of L-arginine on confocal

Emerson A. Castilho Martins via methods%40net.bio.net (by martinseac from gmail.com)
Tue Sep 8 13:44:00 EST 2009

That's the problem. I want to label free L-arginine. I can use
H3-L-arginine* to this, but I don't know a method to detect this
accumulation by confocal microscopy, just by scintillography. Arg will
enter the cell by cationic amino acids transporters, that was already
described.

Em Tue, 08 Sep 2009 10:50:41 -0300, Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
<engelbert_buxbaum from hotmail.com> escreveu:

> Am 04.09.2009, 12:53 Uhr, schrieb Emerson Martins <martinseac from gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi All
>> I have to localize L-arginine in live cells on confocal microscopy. Does
>> anyone know some fluorescent marker that I can use to treat cells to see
>> L-arginine influx?
>
> Arg can be labelled with reagents that carry a glyoxal-group (-CO-CO-).
> However, that's usually done with peptidyl-Arg, not the free amino acid.
> How is the Arg supposed to enter the cell? Can you use patch clamp or
> potential sensitive dyes?

Usando o revolucionário cliente de e-mail do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/mail/