MTT Cell Viability Assay

StewJW via methods%40net.bio.net (by stewjw from gmail.com)
Tue Apr 6 10:33:31 EST 2010

Here's an alternative XTT method in 96 well microplate format we used
in our lab. XTT has a higher sensitivity and a higher dynamic range:

Cytotoxicity was measured the following day by the addition of 80 μl/
well XTT/Phenazine methosulfate (PMS) solution (XTT solution, 2 mM in
PBS, pH 7.4, pH
adjusted to 6.0-6.5; PMS solution, 0.92 mg/ml in PBS, pH 7.4;
solutions mixed at a ratio of 8
ml XTT solution to 200 μl PMS solution) followed by an incubation time
of 1.5h at 37°C.
Absorbance was read at 490 nm with scatter correction at 690 nm.

But check the literature.