Long Ranger Gel - Bad polymerization

Alex - Exon Biotecnologia via methods%40net.bio.net (by alex from exon.com.br)
Wed Apr 7 11:57:54 EST 2010

Hi all,

I am used to prepare Long Ranger gel solutions to run DNA small fragments
(microsatellites) in a ABI 377 sequencer.

Since the beggining of the week, I have had problems with the polymerization
of the gel even using the same reagents I used before. We tried to change
all the reagents, but this didn't work. Normally, we wait 1:30 hour to load
the gel and start the run.

Does anybody know what might be the problem? It's very cold here since
sunday, but I don't think this can be the reason of the problem...

Thanks,

Alex