Methods Digest, Vol 59, Issue 10 - RNA radiolabeling

Priscila Peña Diaz via methods%40net.bio.net (by ofiura from gmail.com)
Wed Apr 14 08:10:50 EST 2010

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:14:48 -0400
> From: Ruiying Wang <wangruiying from gmail.com>
> Subject: why do we only use ?-[32P]ATP to radiolable RNA?
> To: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
>
> Hi,
>
> I have been using ã-[32P]ATP to radiolable my RNA, but I can not find the
> reason why we only use ã-[32P]ATP to radiolable RNA, why do not use other
> ã-[32P]NTPs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ruiying

Hello

We make RNA probes using PCR with [32P]dCTP in the mix for labelling.  So
far it has worked great, always.  This is actually the only dNTP we use for
the labelling, but I don't discard its posible to use others.

P.