NUpage gel problem

Chris McDermott-Roe via methods%40net.bio.net (by cjmcdermottroe from googlemail.com)
Tue Apr 20 04:58:52 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm having a rather basic and embarassing problems with an Invitrogen NuPAGE
gel.  I'm attempting to run a regular bis-tris 4-12 % bis-tris pre-cast at
100 V using the supplied 20x MOPS SDS buffer but literally a second or two
after commencing, all stops and an E1 message appears on my power supply.
The only way I can actually get my proteins to go anywhere is by replacing
the dummy gel which I've put in the tank with a second real gel.  I'm v
puzzled and any help is gratefully received.

thanks

Chris