NUpage gel problem

Nick Theodorakis via methods%40net.bio.net (by nick.theodorakis from gmail.com)
Tue Apr 20 12:26:42 EST 2010

On Apr 20, 4:58 am, Chris McDermott-Roe
<cjmcdermott... from googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a rather basic and embarassing problems with an Invitrogen NuPAGE
> gel.  I'm attempting to run a regular bis-tris 4-12 % bis-tris pre-cast at
> 100 V using the supplied 20x MOPS SDS buffer but literally a second or two
> after commencing, all stops and an E1 message appears on my power supply.
> The only way I can actually get my proteins to go anywhere is by replacing
> the dummy gel which I've put in the tank with a second real gel.  I'm v
> puzzled and any help is gratefully received.

Is the buffer leaking out when a dummy gel is attached? Perhaps the
"real gels" form a better seal on the tank than the dummy.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
nick_theodorakis from hotmail.com