Trouble in sequencing of PCR products

Adroit A via methods%40net.bio.net (by cognizann from googlemail.com)
Mon Aug 16 21:17:11 EST 2010

Dear Bionetters,

I am facing some problem with sequencing of PCR products that are gel
extracted. On sequencing i am not getting the complete  sequence of the PCR
products (even though the size of the PCR products is small, 200 -1000bp).
There is a slow drop is the sequence and i fail to get complete sequence.

I am following the Qiagen protocol for gel extraction.

Please let me know a possible reason for this and also suggest a solution.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Adroit