Blood is settling

Yoram Gerchman via (by gerchman from
Thu Aug 26 02:51:12 EST 2010

How about modifying the pump so the syringe is rotating while it is pumping? You
will need a very smooth plunger so the body can rotate around it (try both glass
and plastic syringes) and a small motor (like 9V) turning a rubber wheel that is
pressed against the syringe body.

Yoram Gerchman Ph.D.
University of Haifa in Oranim

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:52:53 -0400
> From: Joshua Silverstein <silverstein.joshua from>
> Subject: Re: Blood is settling
> To: methods from
> Hi all -
> I sent this a while ago and never really found a response that seemed like a
> viable option.  Could anyone suggest some other perturbation that may
> inhibit red blood cell sedimentation?  I'd prefer to not add any solutes
> (unless they are entirely benign) to the blood like others suggested.
> Thanks
> Josh

This message was sent using IMP, the Webmail Program of Haifa University