Sealing Tape for Petri Dishes?

Michael Sullivan via methods%40net.bio.net (by mlsulliv from wisc.edu)
Fri Aug 27 13:50:46 EST 2010

Wo, from your post, it's not quite clear exactly what type of product
you are talking about and what the application is. For plant tissue
culture, we use 3M micropore tape (a sort of porous cloth tape),
which when sold to be used in tissue culture can be quite expensive.
I buy it from an on-line medical supply company for just over $1 per
1" by 10 yard roll (2.5 cm X 9.2 m). Also, we find we can reuse the
tape several times. Not sure if this is the type of product you are
talking about, but I hope it helps.

Mike

On Aug 26, 2010, at 6:54 AM, WS wrote:

> Dear Experts,
>
> just have bought sealing tape for petri dishes at 35 euros per 33m
> roll. After unpacking, I realized that someone must earn a fortune by
> buying some cheap stuff in bulk and removing the label on the
> cardboard roll to prevent finding the real source.
>
> Any idea what I might try next time?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Wo

---