Cloning 180bp DNA in a vector

Sat Dec 18 17:31:09 EST 2010

Hi Eva,

if you consider the time, costs and effort to check lots of clones for
the correct sequence (specially when ligating 6 unpurified oligos),
I'd strongly suggest to order the whole construct, as the cost is
virtually nothing (<500 USD vs. the above (and the risk of failing/
wrong results from subsequent experiments), and you have someone to
blame if it does not work out. The goal of your work probably is not
to establish a procedure for homemaking 180bp inserts). See eg.
http://www.sloning.com and http://www.geneart.com as examples for a
companies offering gene synthesis services.

HTH & good luck!

Wo