Timestamping lab data?

Matt Harrington via methods%40net.bio.net (by mbh.lists from gmail.com)
Wed Feb 24 16:50:30 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 1:54 PM, WS <novalidaddress from nurfuerspam.de> wrote:
<snip>
> I wonder if there is a way to "envelope" such an archive with a
> timestamp that is commonly (ideally lawyer- and court-proof)
> recognized as valid. So it should not depend on my local computer
> networks' internal clocks, but rely on a public non-fakeable
> timeserver.
<snip>

Dear Wolfgang,

>From http://www.digistamp.com/desktop.htm:

"An e-TimeStamp gives you strong legal evidence that the contents of
any computer file existed at a point-in-time and that the contents
have not changed since that time. Consider this a type of notary
service - only updated to become a digital notary. Any file on your
computer can be time stamped, regardless of its content."

Is that what you had in mind?

Regards,

Matt
UCSF