Gel Solubilization Buffer Composition

Kyle Legate via methods%40net.bio.net (by legatekBLAH from hotmail.com)
Sun Jan 10 07:33:55 EST 2010

Jagadish Katam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on purifying the DNA by gel extraction procedure and are using the commercially available kits for this purpose. A yellow color gel solubilization buffer is used to dissolve the sliced gel.
>
> Here i would know the composition of this gel solubilization buffer.

If it's yellow, it's most certainly NaI. Here's the solution I have used
in the past:

90.8 g NaI and 1.5 gm Na2SO3 in 100 ml of water. Filter through 0.45 um
filter and add another 0.5 g Na2SO3. Store in the coldroom in a dark bottle.