IHC with Nalm-6

Sun Jan 10 19:40:42 EST 2010

Welcome to the world of IHC. They only like nice in publications.  You got to keep trying different antibodies before you can get one that works. Every company claims that their antibodies work, but take that with a pinch of salt.  Usually, they don't.  Also check out literature and contact people how did it well.  If you are the first one, tough luck.  You just got to keep trying out different antibodies.  Each time, try out different concentrations, dilutions etc. Everything matters in IHC.  If you can outline the protocol that you are using, that will be a good start.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Scott Brown
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2010 5:34 PM
To: methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: IHC with Nalm-6

Hi all,

I have been trying to do some IHC and IF using Nalm-6 cells, on every occasion my controls look identical to the one I have used antibody on.
Does anyone know if Nalm-6 cells express surface immunoglobins that my secondary may be binding to?

Regards

Scott

Scott Brown
PhD Candidate
Molecular Carcinogenesis Program
Children's Cancer Institute of Australia for Medical Research Lowy Cancer Research Centre, UNSW High Street (PO Box 81) RANDWICK NSW 2031 AUSTRALIA

Phone: +61 2 9382 1829
Fax: +61 2 9382 1850
Email: sbrown from ccia.unsw.edu.au
Web: www.ccia.org.au <http://www.ccia.org.au/> Children's Cancer Institute Australia is the only independent medical research institute in Australia solely devoted to research into the causes, prevention and cure of childhood cancer. Our vision is to save the lives of all children with cancer and eliminate their suffering.
The information contained in this message and any annexure is confidential and intended only for the named recipient(s). If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the original message.

Children's Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research is the only independent medical research institute in Australia devoted to research into the causes, prevention, better treatment and ultimately a cure of childhood cancer. Our vision is to save the lives of all children with cancer and to eliminate their suffering.