seperating 3.5 and 3.3 kb in agarosegel

Iraz Toprak Aydin via methods%40net.bio.net (by iraz.aydin from epfl.ch)
Wed Jan 20 09:43:56 EST 2010

Hi!

In those cases, I usually prefer amplifying the fragment I need with a high
fidelity polymerase rather than cutting it from a gel.

Iraz

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Senthil
Thyagarajan
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:02 AM
To: methods; methods
Subject: seperating 3.5 and 3.3 kb in agarosegel

Dear all,

I need to seperate DNA bands of size 3582bp and 3324bp and elute the former
one. Can anyone suggest me the percentage of agarose gel, that could help me
seperating these bands. Btw, there are no good restriction enzyme sites that
break up the backbone and am left with no way other than seperating these
two bands on the gel.

Your help is very much appreciated. Please write to me asap. Thanks a lot in
advance.

Regards,
Senthil