seperating 3.5 and 3.3 kb in agarosegel

Liyana Ismail via methods%40net.bio.net (by liyana_ismailmr from yahoo.com)
Wed Jan 20 19:38:51 EST 2010

>I'd faced the same problem like yours last time, in my case, I have
to separate bands of 2 and 2.5 kb. I use 0.8% agarose gel for
separation. The separation was not that far apart (about few
milimeters), but, after some practice, I could still get my fragment.

Cheers,
Liyana
GELab, UNIMAS.

Dear all,

I need to seperate DNA bands of size 3582bp and 3324bp and elute the former
one. Can anyone suggest me the percentage of agarose gel, that could help me
seperating these bands. Btw, there are no good restriction enzyme sites that
break up the backbone and am left with no way other than seperating these
two bands on the gel.

Your help is very much appreciated. Please write to me asap. Thanks a lot in
advance.

Regards,
Senthil

      Get your preferred Email name!