PolyA regarding

Senthil Thyagarajan via methods%40net.bio.net (by swastik_5 from yahoo.com)
Tue Jul 13 08:50:27 EST 2010

Dear all,

I have a small doubt and want to clarify with you guys. I am trying to
generate a transgenic animal via BAC recombination. I have done the BAC
clone only then I realized that I have missed the polyA tail. To give a
brief description on my construct , My gene of interest is fused to YFP
through a 2A linker. After YFP I have got a EM7(prokaryotic promoter)
followed by Neo cassette and a PolyA tail. This kanamycin cassette isto
facilitate screening. These whole thing from my gene of interest to polyA
tail of the neo gene is going to sit into the genomic DNA.

Now my question is , I know that not all mRNAs require polyA signal and does
YFP require one?

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and help. I look forward to your
suggestions.

Subbu