6.3Kb mRNA reverse transcription

Thu Jul 15 02:26:36 EST 2010

I wonder if there are really such huge differences in the performance
of the enzymes themselves. I don't think every company re-invents the
polymerase(s). I rather believe the the cause for different
performance relies on different storage buffers and working buffer /
mastermix compositions. Therefore I'd recommend to play with buffer
conditions (pH, salts, ions, additives). Vary the amount of the
(usually "10x") running buffer and dare to try the buffer from company
A with the polymerase from company B etc.

HTH

Wo