Sodium Borohydride & Gelatin

Yvonne Couch via methods%40net.bio.net (by yvonne.couch from pharm.ox.ac.uk)
Thu Jul 15 11:23:45 EST 2010

Hi all,

I've recently started using sodium borohydride to reduce the
autofluorescence of my tissue sections.  The sections are mounted on
gelatinized slides and I've noticed that they come away from the slides when
I stain and after running some standard light-based immuno I can only
conclude this is the borohydride's fault.

Can anyone suggest a slide coating/type of slide to stop this happening or
will I have to resort to free floating?

Thanks

Yvonne