Competent cells

Christopher Fu via methods%40net.bio.net (by christopherfu from hotmail.com)
Fri Jul 23 08:22:07 EST 2010

Dear DK,

Would you mind sharing your  protocol for making generic home-made electrocompetent cells? I'm currently working with Stratagene's Quikchange XL kit, and I'm obtaining either no or far too few colonies on my agar plates.

Of course there are a whole list of possibilities why the experiment isn't working, but maybe using better competent cells would help.

Thanks,

Chris