(no subject)

Allan Jones via methods%40net.bio.net (by allan.jones from gmx.de)
Tue Jun 8 10:12:23 EST 2010

Hi!

There is currently a lot of radiation work going on in our lab and i am always worried about people contaminating stuff with small amounts of isotopes the geiger counter does not detect very well (ie tritium, 14c, 35s).

Now I have looked into the definition of annual limit on intake and so on and am slightly confused. The ALI values seem extermely high, so does this mean the amounts (a couple of µCi) we use are not particularly dangerous?

I do not assume anything is contaminated, but am a worrysome person and some of the people here seem quite relaxed concerning radioactivity. I guess however that back in their days its use was much more common.

What do you think?

Tom