DNA ladder

umwong25 from cc.umanitoba.ca via methods%40net.bio.net (by umwong25 from cc.umanitoba.ca)
Wed Mar 3 17:12:17 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I recently ran a 2-8% gradient polyacrylamide gel. The 1kb Plus DNA
ladder had multiple bands. Does anyone know what might have caused
this and how to prevent it? I suspect that I might be caused by the
freeze thaw cycle. Also, some of my bands of my PCR samples were
slanted using a pre-cast gel. How do you prevent that? (I washed out
the wells thoroughly before use) Thanks.

-Graduate student