DNA ladder

Cathal Garvey via methods%40net.bio.net (by cathalgarvey from gmail.com)
Thu Mar 4 03:55:21 EST 2010

..aren't ladders supposed to have multiple bands?

When it comes to slanting, though I haven't used acrylamide before or a
precast gel, agarose gels are more likely to distort at high voltages as
they heat up and start to melt. The problem is worst when using TAE, least
when using sodium or lithium Borate.

But, with precast gels your choice of buffer may be limited: try a lower
voltage and use a little less loading dye, see if that helps.