spurious primer dimers.

Ed Siefker via methods%40net.bio.net (by ebs15242 from creighton.edu)
Fri Mar 19 12:47:08 EST 2010

After running a sybr green real time PCR reaction,
I found that one primer set had severe primer
dimers in some of my replicates, but not others.

What could cause this?  I pipetted all the replicates
from the same master mix (including cDNA) and the
same primer mix. It seems strange to get strong
dimers in one well and a perfect melt curve
from the next with the exact same reagents.

I'd appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks
-Ed