Is there a "better" single-stranded homo-DNA?

Paul J. Phelan via methods%40net.bio.net (by Paul.Phelan from tufts.edu)
Sat Mar 27 16:10:13 EST 2010

I have used a 25-mer poly-dT oligo for a protein - single-stranded DNA
titration that I studied by NMR.  Now I am curious to find out if a
poly-purine such as poly-dA or poly-dG will differ from the poly-dT
poly-pyrimidine that I used first.
But that's not my question: I notice that poly-dT appears to be a
common choice for a single-stranded DNA oligo, and I wonder why?  Maybe
there's no reason, and personally I don't know why poly-dT should be
"better" than any other homo-oligo for single stranded DNA.  So I'm
curious to know if anyone else knows if poly-dT, or any other
poly-d(nucleotide) is any better than the others, as a single stranded
DNA oligo?

Paul Phelan
Tufts University Department of Biochemistry
Boston