Peter Ellis via (by pjie2 from
Sat Mar 27 18:49:51 EST 2010

Maryam wrote:
> Hi All
> We have 2 genes that are antisense to each other. I was wondering how we can distinguish the expression of these two genes.
> Thanks in advance.

1)  Strand-specific riboprobes on Northern blot

2)  Specific RT-PCR - you can make it specific by designing the PCR
based on the intron/exon structure of the forward/reverse transcript.
Alternatively, if the transcripts are unspliced you can still be
selective for forward/reverse transcripts by including only one of your
primers during the reverse transcriptase step.