sodium periodate does not dissolve...

Thu May 13 17:06:18 EST 2010

Meanwhile, I have assayed the HRP-labeled antibody, it works fine,
supposedly my periodate is ok.

I just wonder how even such a renowned source like the book by Harlow
and Lane (Antibodies: A Laboratory Manual) can have such erroneous
information.

Conclusion: Don't trust blindly any source. Reminds me a bit on the
spinach issue that probably many of us had to pay for by being forced
to eat that 'so healthy' veggie  -because of its 'high' iron content -
over and over again in our childhood.

Wo