Fungal 28s amplification primers

Adroit A via methods%40net.bio.net (by cognizann from googlemail.com)
Wed May 26 20:34:08 EST 2010

Dear Bionetters,

I am trying to amplify the 28s rRNA region of a fungus. For this i already
isolated the genomic DNA and amplified it with ITS-5 and ITS-4 primers. I
got a PCR product of length approx. 700bp. However this amplified product
covers the region between 18s-5.8s-28s. Could anyone please suggest me the
universal primers that specifically amplify the 28s region alone?

I also used ITS-1 and ITS-4 primers for amplification, however no
amplification was observed. Please let me know the reason for this.

Thanking you in advance.

Thanks,
Adroit