Sypro Orange

Wed Oct 13 01:00:16 EST 2010

Hi David,

several reasons:

- no equipment (illuminator, fluorescence scanner, camera set-up)
- price of dye, price of equipment
- used to "old methods" (coomassie, silver) which usually are
sufficient
- no need to quantify proteins in gel
- for real quantification, you'd always need a standard curve (dye
binding properties of each protein, co-absorbance, fluorescence
quenching)
- existing alternatives for specific quantification like western
blotting and eg antibody coated chips

- are you the product manager :)

suggest to cross-post in the ImageJ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
ImageJ) mailing list: IMAGEJ from LIST.NIH.GOV

/Wo