Copper-Glycine buffer(Ph-7.4)

Tue Apr 26 08:19:27 EST 2011

Do you really need that high molarity for both salts.  That might explain the precipitation.  Rarely is copper chloride or glycine (max of 1 M) used at that concentration for any buffers.  Please double check your recipe.  Perhaps Copper dichloride is at 0.1 to 0.3 M.  If you are trying to make a 10X or 100X stock, trying making a more dilute stock.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:methods-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of sudheer babu
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:23 AM
To: Methods from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: Copper-Glycine buffer(Ph-7.4)

Hello everyone
I need to prepare copper choride(1M)-glycine(2M) buffer(ph.7.4). When I
dissolve these two and check that the starting Ph is 0.8. So I added NaoH
for get my desired ph and after reach the 2.4 the whole solution is
precipitating, it is not all in liquid form.

If anyone has any idea about this please answer me

Thank you in advance

Cheers
--
Sudheer Babu.S