Epitope tags

Alrena Lightbourn via methods%40net.bio.net (by 7lightbourn from gmail.com)
Sat Apr 30 13:41:45 EST 2011

I would like to know what technologies can be used to identify visualize or
quantify new alternatively-spliced isoforms for which antibodies are not
available. Alternatively, I am curious as to how such antibodies could be
made cheaply in the lab.
Since splicing has been around for some time and invididual receptor
isoforms were characterized (mostly by cloning), I am also wondering what
other options exist or whether there is historical documentation that shows
the progression of these discoveries.
Can anyone provide some direction?