Cheap strong dye with COOH group?

WS via (by novalidadress from
Sat Aug 6 18:24:33 EST 2011

Hi DK,

you mean this:
"ordinary" Fluorescin?

Yes, it was my first thought, as you may get it quite cheaply in
technical quality, even through eBay. I dismissed it quite fast, as I had
mad "bad" experience with FITC as label in fluorescence microscopy - too
fast bleaching, when irradiating with blue light from a mercury lamp or
even 488nm laser. As for now, the main purpose would be tracing an
organic compund / labelled protein during processing, am I overconcerned