Requesting ab1 files

Peter Ellis via methods%40net.bio.net (by pjie2 from cam.ac.uk)
Mon Dec 5 14:42:28 EST 2011

Try one of the public trace archive repositories?

For example:
http://trace.ddbj.nig.ac.jp/dta/search_e.shtml
http://trace.ddbj.nig.ac.jp/DTASearch/trace?ti=2282248605

I just searched for "human" and followed the "trace" link for the first
result that came up.  I have no idea what it is - a useful excercise for
your students would be to take the sequence file and run a BLAST search
to discover its identity.

Peter