Anti His-tag antibodies in indirect immunofluorescence?

olivier.leger from via (by olivier.leger from
Tue Dec 6 11:45:09 EST 2011

You should try the following reagent which works well in our hands at 1
 polyHistidine antibody (monoclonal Mouse IgG1 clone # AD1.1.10)       R&D
systems cat# MAB050

From:   dk from (DK)
To:     methods from
Date:   06-12-11 17:08
Subject:        Anti His-tag antibodies in indirect immunofluorescence?
Sent by:        methods-bounces from

I need to find out localization pattern for a 8His-tagged protein.
(This came up unexpectedly; had I planned it, there would be
a good tag, 3HA/Flag/Myc).  My understanding is that all existing
anti-polyHis monoclonals are rather low affinity. Yet, now there
seems to be a bewildering variety of various anti His-tag Ab
commercially available. Anyone has hands on experience with
using them in indirect immunofluorescence?

Any comments, sources, typical dilutions that don't stain
everything , etc? They are pricey so I can't try everything and
find out what works best.

- Dima
Methods mailing list
Methods from

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith.

Click to access the German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.