Hi...is there any best and easy way to concentrate the protein without modifying its original structure

Irit Rappley via methods%40net.bio.net (by irappley from scripps.edu)
Tue Dec 6 17:42:01 EST 2011

Hi Sudheer,

There are lots of kits available for concentrating protein. As long as your buffer is not denaturing or otherwise detrimental to your protein, then the concentration process itself should not modify the protein's structure.

Here are some options for you to consider. You should choose your concentration system based on the size of the protein (make sure your MWCO -- molecular weight cut-off -- is SMALLER than the size of your protein), the starting volume, and the target volume.

http://www.millipore.com/lab_filtration/clf3/concentration&open&cid=Centrifugal-Amicon?gclid=CPW--tPB7qwCFWgaQgodiGRpiQ

http://www.millipore.com/catalogue/module/c3259

Hope this helps,
Irit