Short glasses for PAGE unit

yoginee budhkar via methods%40net.bio.net (by eenigoy from gmail.com)
Wed Feb 23 03:44:24 EST 2011

Hello All,

We have Biorad mini protean unit for vertical electrophoresis. The short
glasses provided with the kit are very fragile and we are already out with 3
out of 5 short glasses that came with the unit. As we all know these are
quite expensive and not that easily dispensable...

I was thinking of getting same dimension glasses molded from a glassmith
near by. But I had to clear only one doubt. Is this glass made of or coated
with any special material to make it inert towards SDS PAGE ingredients? OR
does any one know any thing at all that is special about this glass which
the glassmith might not come to know just by examining the one we have?

Yoginee Budhkar
Contact: +91 9820870988