Channel protein reconstitution in lipid bilayer

Fulvio Celsi via (by fulvio.celsi from
Wed Jan 19 08:41:33 EST 2011

Hello to all
a question for, my PI asked if it is possible and how much is
difficult to synthetize and produce a transmembrane protein and to
insert it into a lypid bilayer. The biochemist inside me started to
scream..but my background as biochemist is quite old. So..any
suggestion on how it can be done? I saw I kit from Invitrogen
(membraneMax) that state that is quite easy (as every kit in the
world). Anyone has used it??
thanks a lot in advance! :)

Fulvio Celsi
Sector of Neurobiology,
International School for Advanced Studies,
Scuola Internazionale di Studi Superiori Avanzati (SISSA),
Via Bonomea 265  34136

Office:  +39 0403787 771
Mobile: +393286489131