GST-(whatever)FP

Cathal Garvey via methods%40net.bio.net (by cathalgarvey from gmail.com)
Thu Jan 20 15:46:15 EST 2011

Hi Arne,
What cells were you thinking of transforming? Bacterial or Mammalian? What
species?
I could probably source you an epithelial-specific vector, although the
veracity of the plasmid's identity/sequence is in question..

On 18 January 2011 20:56, Arne Christensen <arkchristensen from gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Listeners,
>
> I will be teaching a Cell Biology course this coming semester, and I'm
> interested in expressing a GST-fluorescent protein chimera in the
> laboratory section to demonstrate recombinant protein expression and
> purification, and touch upon topics in fluorescence microscopy.
>
> Would anyone be willing to spare a pinch of a GST-fluorescent protein
> (GFP or EGFP preferred) construct that I may use to transform my own
> bugs?
>
> I would be happy to mail you a self-addressed stamped envelope with a
> bit of Whatman paper in it to sop up some plasmid, as I haven't
> started my new job yet and I don't yet have a FedEx number.
>
> Thanks,
> AC

letters.cunningprojects.com
twitter.com/onetruecathal